To spread the original, universal and eternal truth, path or law of yoga, which remains forever the same in essence, yet always adapts to the time and place.
The ruby is a gemstone of the corundum family and is attractive as because of its brilliance, if it is crystal clear and transparent. The ruby is the gemstone of the planet Sun and helps to overcome problems related to this planet.
The ruby is found in a variety of crimson and scarlet red colors ranging from pink to a deep ruddy violet color. The gemstone is solid and possesses high specific gravity. The red tint in ruby comes from a light combination of iron and chromium. The finest quality ruby has a delicate rose color.
Some Qualities of a Good Ruby
1. dullness - gives problems with brothers
2. brittleness - gives problems in having a son
3. flimsiness - gives problems with lightning
4. cracks - gives bad luck
5. bubbles - makes the gem ineffective
6. feather - gives bad luck
7. dirty - ineffective
Some tests for Identification of Real Rubies
1. If you place a real ruby on an unopened lotus bud it will open up and become a blossoming lotus in a short time.
2. If you place a real ruby in a glass jar, a red hue of light will be seen to emit from the jar.
3. If pearls are put together with a real ruby in a silver plate and placed in sunlight, the silver plate will appear blackish, the pearls will have a red hue and the ruby will shine like the Sun.
Some aspects of the Rituals for Wearing a Ruby
A ruby should be bought on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday in the ascending moon cycle. The stone should be mounted in an ring made of a mixture of gold and copper. The gemstone should touch the skin of the wearer's finger. The best time to wear a ruby ring is sunrise.
Some aspects of the Medicinal Utility of the Ruby
Both the oxide as the pishti of Ruby are used for impotence, hearth troubles, loss of blood, tuberculosis, indigestion, prolonged fevers, diabetes, among others.
Chief Sources of Rubies
Ruby mines are found in Burma, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Kabul (Afghanistan), Tanganyika, and South India.
Sanatan Society is an international networking association of students of the late Harish Johari, joining efforts to promote his teachings of yoga philosophy, tantra, worship, art and love. Sanatan Society stands for the original, universal and eternal truth, path or law of yoga. Though it is Hindu in origin, Sanatan Society is not limited to any religion, race, time or country, nor in fact to any particular organisation. More about Sanatan Society...