ACCORDING TO THE THOMAS GOSPEL
31. Jesus said, "No prophet is welcome on his home turf; doctors don't cure those who know them."
The people who know you from old times (from your home turf) may have the most difficulty in seeing you make a real change. They will stick to your past you and you will not be able to teach them because of it (no prophet is welcome). A healer cannot heal a person (doctors don't cure those) who does not see him/her as a healer, because of another relationship (who know them).
32. Jesus said, "A city built on a high hill and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden."
One of the codes of conduct (yamas) in yoga is straightforwardness, to be strong and outspoken (on a high hill and fortified), without being deceitful in any way (not hidden). A person who lives by this code cannot fall.
33. Jesus said, "What you will hear in your ear, in the other ear proclaim from your rooftops. After all, no one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lamp stand so that all who come and go will see its light."
Same message as 32, though more focused now on spreading the light of truth.
68. Jesus said, "Congratulations to you when you are hated and persecuted; and no place will be found, wherever you have been persecuted."
When by living in truth and by bringing the message of truth you get a lot of resistance (you are hated and persecuted), then at least you know (and can be congratulated) to be on the right path. However, among those that give you a lot of resistance (wherever you have been persecuted), true spiritual work is not possible (no place will be found). So, to be opposed is no problem, but it is useless to keep on seeking this opposition just to prove to yourself that you are on the right track.
95. [Jesus said], "If you have money, don't lend it at interest. Rather, give [it] to someone from whom you won't get it back."
If you have some true understanding which is the real wealth (money), then it should not be commercialized (lend at interest). Rather, it should be freely shared without need for compensation (from whom you won't get it back).